Before you call for any HVAC Service Plantation FL, it is important to know which type of heating system you have. If you’re looking to replace your unit, or install a new one in your home, here are six main types of heating systems commonly used in the US.
Six types of heating systems:
- Furnaces: They are one of the most common types of heating systems available in the US. They’re distributed according to the fuel source they use and come in all sizes and models. The biggest advantage of these heating systems is that they are highly energy-efficient and can easily last for 15 years. However, because of these qualities, furnace buying and installation are expensive.
- Heat pump: Heat pumps use electricity and refrigerants and can therefore be used to cool and heat your house. They work to move heat from outdoors to indoors during winter and indoors to outdoors during summer. These also require lower maintenance and installation costs. However, the biggest disadvantage of these units is they are ineffective in freezing climates.
- Radiators: Radiators use pipes installed in ceilings, walls, and floors to provide warm temperatures. These pipes are usually used to transfer either hot water or hot air, radiating through the walls or floor to the rooms. These are extremely efficient in maintaining room temperature but can be expensive to install. If the radiator incurs a leakage, it can be twice as expensive to repair.
- Hybrid heating: Many technicians who provide a Heat Pump Installation Plantation, FL now suggest installing hybrid heaters instead of furnaces. These units are usually recommended because of how cost-effective and fuel-efficient they are. These units have two systems – a gas furnace and a heat pump – which give you the best temperature range. Unfortunately, these require high upfront investment and can make a significant difference in budgeting.
- Ductless mini-split: The ductless mini-split system was originally used for air conditioning, but now it can be used for heating. The biggest advantage of these systems is that they don’t require expensive installation and are installed in any house or home. These are specially used in houses with no in-built ventilation systems. However, each room requires a mini-split unit to provide the house with maximum heating.
- Baseboard heaters: Baseboard heaters come in two types: electric or water. These work similarly to radiators; however, the key difference is these units are only installed inside walls. They require low maintenance and work noiselessly. However, these units depend on the room’s furniture placement and are inefficient if any furniture blocks their outlets.
Which one do we recommend?
While each of these units have their advantages and disadvantages, we recommend having a consultation before investing. Most of these units can last for 15 years or more, which means you need to buy the right fit for your home. Before investing in any HVAC unit, we recommend calling Daily AC. They provide all types of HVAC Contractor Davie FL and electrical services Davie FL. You can easily book an appointment by visiting our website or calling (855)434-9692.